Will help Indians on death row in UAE if they appeal: Krishna
New Delhi: Seventeen Indians sentenced to
death for killing a Pakistani national in UAE have been
assured that the Government of India will stand by them if
they appeal in a higher court.
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna told reporters
on the sidelines of a function that the consular access of the
17 persons has been obtained and the consulate in Dubai has
been in touch with them.
"We have assured them that the Government of India
will stand by them if they appeal in higher court," he said.
The government had yesterday said it was awaiting a
detailed report from its consulate in Dubai on the
developments involving these Indians, majority of whom hail
All 17 were sentenced to death by Sharjah`s Shariah
court for killing a Pakistani and injuring three others in
an alleged fight over illegal alcohol business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM