Will improve PDS in Congress-ruled states next year: Ajay Maken
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After the Assembly polls debacle, Congress top leaders held a press conference here on Friday to highlight its promises for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in 2014. General Secretary AICC & Incharge Communication Department Ajay Maken addressing the media said that all Congress-ruled states to enact new Lokayukta legislations by February 28, 2014, adding that the decision was taken at a meeting chaired by party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
Maken further said that the Public Distribution System will be improved in all Congress-ruled states and will sternly crackdown on hoarding, adding that by January 15, next year, all Congress states will de-list fruits and vegetables from APMC acts.
Rahul, also present at the conference, spoke about the issues of corruption and price rise, saying that the party discussed corruption, lokpal and price rise issues during the meeting with chief ministers of Congress-ruled states. “Want to take the stipulations in the national level Lokpal to the state level Lokpal as well,” he said.
On being asked about the Adarsh housing scam report, Rahul said he don`t agree with Maharashtra Cabinet rejecting Adarsh commission report, they should reconsider it. Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan immediately reacted to Rahul`s comments and said that he will consult his colleagues over the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title