Will keep a close watch on Rahul`s visit to Azamgarh: BJP
New Delhi: Alleging that Congress leaders
"prefer" to visit places which have "links with terrorism",
BJP today said it would keep a close watch on the proposed
trip of Rahul Gandhi to Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
"We would keep a close watch on Congress General
Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s planned visit to Azamgarh," BJP
spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
He said while Gandhi was going to attend a programme in
Azamgarh and not to meet family members of people accused of
terrorism, BJP would see whether "his actions are good enough
to symbolise his party`s commitment in dealing with terrorism
or he too was indulging in steps which Congress has been
pursuing over the years."
He alleged that Congress leaders "prefer" to visit
places which have "links with terrorism" to further their
"Such visits put them and their stand on terrorism in
doubt," he said in an apparent reference to Congress General
Secretary Digvijay Singh`s visit to Sanjarpur in Azamgarh
where he met the families whose wards have been arrested in
connection with terror-related incidents.
To a question on Singh`s demand to set up fast track
courts to deal with terror-related cases, Rudy said a similar
fast-track court had sentenced Parliament attack convict Afzal
Guru to death. "The sentence was upheld by the Supreme Court.
But what has the government done so far," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader