Will meet Anna, rectify mistakes: Arvind Kejriwal
Kolkata: Two days after Anna Hazare commented that he would not vote for the newly launched Aam Aadmi Party, its leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said he would talk to the anti-corruption crusader and rectify the mistakes.
"I will talk to Anna... (on) what has cropped up in his mind against us. A few days ago, he had said that he would only support my party," Kejriwal told reporters when asked to comment on Hazare`s allegations.
He was speaking on the sidelines of PanIIT, a three-day annual meet of the global association of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) alumni, here.
Hazare on Thursday said his former aide Kejriwal`s fascination for power was the cause of the split in anti-graft movement and he would not vote for the Aam Aadmi Party.
He alleged that the new-launched party was going the same way as others by taking the path of "money through power" and vice versa.
Asked whether Kejriwal had become "greedy" for power, Hazare said: "It was right".
On whether Hazare`s comment would have any impact on his party, Kejriwal said: "No... I will talk to him. I will ask him what went wrong... whether we did some mistake. We will then rectify ourselves if we made mistakes."
"It is good that we have Anna as like a moral authority," the bureaucrat-turned-politician added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you