Will not allow Modi to become PM: Mayawati
New Delhi: On a day when Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi lost a legal battle in the Supreme Court on the appointment of Lokayukta, Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati dealt a further blow to the former’s prime ministerial ambitions.
Reports on Wednesday claimed that the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said that she will scuttle Modi’s chances of becoming the Prime Minister of India.
BSP chief was quoted as telling to Times Now news channel, “I will ensure that Narendra Modi does not become the Prime Minister in future.”
Her reactions came an hour after the apex court upheld the appointment of RA Mehta as the Lokayukta of Gujarat, which was challenged by the Modi government.
The decision came as a major setback for the Modi government, which said that it will read the copy of the apex court order and then react to the development.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended