Will not allow Modi to become PM: Mayawati
New Delhi: On a day when Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi lost a legal battle in the Supreme Court on the appointment of Lokayukta, Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati dealt a further blow to the former’s prime ministerial ambitions.
Reports on Wednesday claimed that the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said that she will scuttle Modi’s chances of becoming the Prime Minister of India.
BSP chief was quoted as telling to Times Now news channel, “I will ensure that Narendra Modi does not become the Prime Minister in future.”
Her reactions came an hour after the apex court upheld the appointment of RA Mehta as the Lokayukta of Gujarat, which was challenged by the Modi government.
The decision came as a major setback for the Modi government, which said that it will read the copy of the apex court order and then react to the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore