Will not allow Modi to become PM: Mayawati
New Delhi: On a day when Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi lost a legal battle in the Supreme Court on the appointment of Lokayukta, Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati dealt a further blow to the former’s prime ministerial ambitions.
Reports on Wednesday claimed that the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said that she will scuttle Modi’s chances of becoming the Prime Minister of India.
BSP chief was quoted as telling to Times Now news channel, “I will ensure that Narendra Modi does not become the Prime Minister in future.”
Her reactions came an hour after the apex court upheld the appointment of RA Mehta as the Lokayukta of Gujarat, which was challenged by the Modi government.
The decision came as a major setback for the Modi government, which said that it will read the copy of the apex court order and then react to the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official