Will not allow Modi to become PM: Mayawati
New Delhi: On a day when Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi lost a legal battle in the Supreme Court on the appointment of Lokayukta, Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati dealt a further blow to the former’s prime ministerial ambitions.
Reports on Wednesday claimed that the former Uttar Pradesh chief minister said that she will scuttle Modi’s chances of becoming the Prime Minister of India.
BSP chief was quoted as telling to Times Now news channel, “I will ensure that Narendra Modi does not become the Prime Minister in future.”
Her reactions came an hour after the apex court upheld the appointment of RA Mehta as the Lokayukta of Gujarat, which was challenged by the Modi government.
The decision came as a major setback for the Modi government, which said that it will read the copy of the apex court order and then react to the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report