Will not be part of any political party: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: On a day when Team Anna announced the formation of a political party, spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said on Friday that he will not be part of any such outfit.
Speaking to TV channel, Sri Sri said, “No such plans to side with any political party.” However, he did say that he was surprised at the announcement of Anna Hazare and his men at going political. He added that it was still to be seen how much can be realised on the ground and how much can they rally people around them.
“I encourage people who fight to end the menace of corruption,” Sri Sri added on a positive note, saying that his job was to maintain “high morals and ethics in the society.”
“I will continue to do what we do. At the same time I will encourage young people to come to the forefront as they can make a difference,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez