Will not be part of any political party: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: On a day when Team Anna announced the formation of a political party, spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said on Friday that he will not be part of any such outfit.
Speaking to TV channel, Sri Sri said, “No such plans to side with any political party.” However, he did say that he was surprised at the announcement of Anna Hazare and his men at going political. He added that it was still to be seen how much can be realised on the ground and how much can they rally people around them.
“I encourage people who fight to end the menace of corruption,” Sri Sri added on a positive note, saying that his job was to maintain “high morals and ethics in the society.”
“I will continue to do what we do. At the same time I will encourage young people to come to the forefront as they can make a difference,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station