Will not be part of any political party: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: On a day when Team Anna announced the formation of a political party, spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said on Friday that he will not be part of any such outfit.
Speaking to TV channel, Sri Sri said, “No such plans to side with any political party.” However, he did say that he was surprised at the announcement of Anna Hazare and his men at going political. He added that it was still to be seen how much can be realised on the ground and how much can they rally people around them.
“I encourage people who fight to end the menace of corruption,” Sri Sri added on a positive note, saying that his job was to maintain “high morals and ethics in the society.”
“I will continue to do what we do. At the same time I will encourage young people to come to the forefront as they can make a difference,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what