Will not be part of any political party: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: On a day when Team Anna announced the formation of a political party, spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said on Friday that he will not be part of any such outfit.
Speaking to TV channel, Sri Sri said, “No such plans to side with any political party.” However, he did say that he was surprised at the announcement of Anna Hazare and his men at going political. He added that it was still to be seen how much can be realised on the ground and how much can they rally people around them.
“I encourage people who fight to end the menace of corruption,” Sri Sri added on a positive note, saying that his job was to maintain “high morals and ethics in the society.”
“I will continue to do what we do. At the same time I will encourage young people to come to the forefront as they can make a difference,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram