Will not be part of any political party: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: On a day when Team Anna announced the formation of a political party, spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said on Friday that he will not be part of any such outfit.
Speaking to TV channel, Sri Sri said, “No such plans to side with any political party.” However, he did say that he was surprised at the announcement of Anna Hazare and his men at going political. He added that it was still to be seen how much can be realised on the ground and how much can they rally people around them.
“I encourage people who fight to end the menace of corruption,” Sri Sri added on a positive note, saying that his job was to maintain “high morals and ethics in the society.”
“I will continue to do what we do. At the same time I will encourage young people to come to the forefront as they can make a difference,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH