Will not bow down to BJP’s pressure tactics: Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) creating uproar over Coalgate and railway bribery case in the Parliament, UPA chairperson on Monday said that the government will not bow down to principle opposition party’s pressure tactics.
Today the BJP continued to create huge uproar in Parliament demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar.
Sonia Gandhi’s reaction comes after the repeated disruption of Parliament by the Opposition, which has not been able to function since the second phase of the Budget session started on April 22.
Today the protests in Parliament were marked as the proceedings were held close on the heels of the CBI Director admitting before the Supreme Court that certain changes were made in the coalgate draft report on suggestions given by Ashwani Kumar and officials of the PMO.
Congress is desperate to pass some important bills including the Food Security Bill, which aims to provide the beneficiary five kg grain per month at the rate of Rs 3 per kg rice, Rs 2 per kg wheat and Re 1 per kg coarse grains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal