Will not bow down to BJP’s pressure tactics: Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) creating uproar over Coalgate and railway bribery case in the Parliament, UPA chairperson on Monday said that the government will not bow down to principle opposition party’s pressure tactics.
Today the BJP continued to create huge uproar in Parliament demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar.
Sonia Gandhi’s reaction comes after the repeated disruption of Parliament by the Opposition, which has not been able to function since the second phase of the Budget session started on April 22.
Today the protests in Parliament were marked as the proceedings were held close on the heels of the CBI Director admitting before the Supreme Court that certain changes were made in the coalgate draft report on suggestions given by Ashwani Kumar and officials of the PMO.
Congress is desperate to pass some important bills including the Food Security Bill, which aims to provide the beneficiary five kg grain per month at the rate of Rs 3 per kg rice, Rs 2 per kg wheat and Re 1 per kg coarse grains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday