Will not seek Mamata’s support: Pranab’s wife
New Delhi: A beaming Shubra Mukherjee, who will be in all likelihood, be India’s next first lady, on Friday expressed her happiness at Pranab da’s selection as the UPA nominee for the Presidential poll.
“I am feeling very good, I am very happy…he is a good man,” Mrs Mukherjee told reporters.
A prodding journalist asked her whether she will appeal to Mamata to support her husband now that he is emerging as the consensus candidate, she retorted tersely, “I will not appeal to anyone for support.”
On whether she had got the opportunity to congratulate him, she said, “I have not yet met him…he left home in the morning…will come post midnight, will congratulate him then.”
Mrs Mukherjee also revealed details about Pranad da’s culinary choices saying that he likes Bengali food but with less oil and spices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- Performance issues led to my ouster as Flipkart CEO, says Sachin Bansal
- 'Delhi earthquake today' trending on social media
- Audi to have petrol variants across portfolio by next year