Will not seek Mamata’s support: Pranab’s wife
New Delhi: A beaming Shubra Mukherjee, who will be in all likelihood, be India’s next first lady, on Friday expressed her happiness at Pranab da’s selection as the UPA nominee for the Presidential poll.
“I am feeling very good, I am very happy…he is a good man,” Mrs Mukherjee told reporters.
A prodding journalist asked her whether she will appeal to Mamata to support her husband now that he is emerging as the consensus candidate, she retorted tersely, “I will not appeal to anyone for support.”
On whether she had got the opportunity to congratulate him, she said, “I have not yet met him…he left home in the morning…will come post midnight, will congratulate him then.”
Mrs Mukherjee also revealed details about Pranad da’s culinary choices saying that he likes Bengali food but with less oil and spices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price