Will not seek Mamata’s support: Pranab’s wife
New Delhi: A beaming Shubra Mukherjee, who will be in all likelihood, be India’s next first lady, on Friday expressed her happiness at Pranab da’s selection as the UPA nominee for the Presidential poll.
“I am feeling very good, I am very happy…he is a good man,” Mrs Mukherjee told reporters.
A prodding journalist asked her whether she will appeal to Mamata to support her husband now that he is emerging as the consensus candidate, she retorted tersely, “I will not appeal to anyone for support.”
On whether she had got the opportunity to congratulate him, she said, “I have not yet met him…he left home in the morning…will come post midnight, will congratulate him then.”
Mrs Mukherjee also revealed details about Pranad da’s culinary choices saying that he likes Bengali food but with less oil and spices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures