Will not seek Mamata’s support: Pranab’s wife
New Delhi: A beaming Shubra Mukherjee, who will be in all likelihood, be India’s next first lady, on Friday expressed her happiness at Pranab da’s selection as the UPA nominee for the Presidential poll.
“I am feeling very good, I am very happy…he is a good man,” Mrs Mukherjee told reporters.
A prodding journalist asked her whether she will appeal to Mamata to support her husband now that he is emerging as the consensus candidate, she retorted tersely, “I will not appeal to anyone for support.”
On whether she had got the opportunity to congratulate him, she said, “I have not yet met him…he left home in the morning…will come post midnight, will congratulate him then.”
Mrs Mukherjee also revealed details about Pranad da’s culinary choices saying that he likes Bengali food but with less oil and spices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog