Will not seek Mamata’s support: Pranab’s wife
New Delhi: A beaming Shubra Mukherjee, who will be in all likelihood, be India’s next first lady, on Friday expressed her happiness at Pranab da’s selection as the UPA nominee for the Presidential poll.
“I am feeling very good, I am very happy…he is a good man,” Mrs Mukherjee told reporters.
A prodding journalist asked her whether she will appeal to Mamata to support her husband now that he is emerging as the consensus candidate, she retorted tersely, “I will not appeal to anyone for support.”
On whether she had got the opportunity to congratulate him, she said, “I have not yet met him…he left home in the morning…will come post midnight, will congratulate him then.”
Mrs Mukherjee also revealed details about Pranad da’s culinary choices saying that he likes Bengali food but with less oil and spices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway