Will not tolerate corruption: Congress
New Delhi: Amid intense speculation over the fate of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, the Congress Friday said it would not tolerate corruption.
"We will not tolerate corruption if anybody is found mired in it," newly-appointed Congress spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das told reporters when asked about Bansal`s fate.
"Corruption is a serious issue for us," he said.
Till Thursday, the party had defended Bansal, whose nephew was caught accepting a bribe of Rs.90 lakh for the appointment of an official to a senior Railway Board post.
Congress sources hinted that the case of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar, who is also facing heat for tampering with a CBI report in the coal scam probe, was different from Bansal`s.
"The issue in Ashwani Kumar`s case involves whether or not he had the right to do what he did ... The issue in Bansal`s case involves a corrupt practice," said a Congress leader
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India