Will not tolerate corruption: Congress
New Delhi: Amid intense speculation over the fate of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, the Congress Friday said it would not tolerate corruption.
"We will not tolerate corruption if anybody is found mired in it," newly-appointed Congress spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das told reporters when asked about Bansal`s fate.
"Corruption is a serious issue for us," he said.
Till Thursday, the party had defended Bansal, whose nephew was caught accepting a bribe of Rs.90 lakh for the appointment of an official to a senior Railway Board post.
Congress sources hinted that the case of Law Minister Ashwani Kumar, who is also facing heat for tampering with a CBI report in the coal scam probe, was different from Bansal`s.
"The issue in Ashwani Kumar`s case involves whether or not he had the right to do what he did ... The issue in Bansal`s case involves a corrupt practice," said a Congress leader
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack