Will pass Lokpal Bill in Winter Session: Govt
New Delhi: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanaswamy, Friday, assured the nation of an effective ombudsman bill, saying that the Lokpal Bill will be passed in the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament.
Addressing the mediapersons here, Narayanaswamy said that Citizen Charter Bill along with Whistle Blowers Act will be passed in the Winter Session.
The Congress leader also said that the government is determined to check criminality in politics.
Commenting on the reforms on the electoral process, Narayanaswamy said that a meeting will be held with all the political parties after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh returns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged