Will pass Lokpal Bill in Winter Session: Govt
New Delhi: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanaswamy, Friday, assured the nation of an effective ombudsman bill, saying that the Lokpal Bill will be passed in the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament.
Addressing the mediapersons here, Narayanaswamy said that Citizen Charter Bill along with Whistle Blowers Act will be passed in the Winter Session.
The Congress leader also said that the government is determined to check criminality in politics.
Commenting on the reforms on the electoral process, Narayanaswamy said that a meeting will be held with all the political parties after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh returns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends