Will pass Lokpal Bill in Winter Session: Govt
New Delhi: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanaswamy, Friday, assured the nation of an effective ombudsman bill, saying that the Lokpal Bill will be passed in the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament.
Addressing the mediapersons here, Narayanaswamy said that Citizen Charter Bill along with Whistle Blowers Act will be passed in the Winter Session.
The Congress leader also said that the government is determined to check criminality in politics.
Commenting on the reforms on the electoral process, Narayanaswamy said that a meeting will be held with all the political parties after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh returns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon