Will pass Lokpal Bill in Winter Session: Govt
New Delhi: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanaswamy, Friday, assured the nation of an effective ombudsman bill, saying that the Lokpal Bill will be passed in the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament.
Addressing the mediapersons here, Narayanaswamy said that Citizen Charter Bill along with Whistle Blowers Act will be passed in the Winter Session.
The Congress leader also said that the government is determined to check criminality in politics.
Commenting on the reforms on the electoral process, Narayanaswamy said that a meeting will be held with all the political parties after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh returns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement