Will pass Lokpal Bill in Winter Session: Govt
New Delhi: Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanaswamy, Friday, assured the nation of an effective ombudsman bill, saying that the Lokpal Bill will be passed in the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament.
Addressing the mediapersons here, Narayanaswamy said that Citizen Charter Bill along with Whistle Blowers Act will be passed in the Winter Session.
The Congress leader also said that the government is determined to check criminality in politics.
Commenting on the reforms on the electoral process, Narayanaswamy said that a meeting will be held with all the political parties after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh returns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur