Will present political alternative within two months
Chandigarh: A political alternative would be presented to the people of the country within two months to enable a change which serves the interests of the common man, yoga guru Baba Ramdev said on Wednesday.
"We will bring about a change in the polity by creating an alternative for the people within two months," Ramdev told mediapersons here.
"I promise the people (about bringing) a political power in Parliament... We need at least 300 MPs to remove social and economic injustice and put the country on the path of development," Ramdev said, adding, however, that he was interested neither in joining politics nor in pursuing any political office.
Welcoming the Himachal Pradesh High Court directive ordering status quo on his Patanjali Yogpeeth`s land at Solan, Ramdev said that all relevant records would be placed in the court.
"It is public land... There are lakhs of people around the world who are eager to give land to my trusts," he claimed.
The high court today directed the state government to maintain status quo in respect of the land leased to Patanjali Yogpeeth after revenue officials took possession of it on February 22 over alleged violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city