Will quit as MP if named in report: Kumaraswamy
New Delhi: Former chief minister of Karnataka and JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy on Wednesday vowed to resign as Member of Parliament if he is indicted in the Lokayukta Santosh Hegde’s explosive report on illegal mining racket in the state.
The much-awaited second report of the Karnataka Lokayukta on illegal mining business, parts of which were leaked to media, is said to have indicted Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and Kumaraswamy, in addition to the Bellary brothers and Housing Minister V Somanna.
Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde is likely to submit his report today.
The report claims that Yeddyurappa and his family have been beneficiaries of the largesse of mining companies. It further alleges that an educational trust run by the Chief Minister`s family allegedly received large sums of money in donations from mining companies.
The report also comes down heavily on Yeddyurappa for retaining the allegedly tainted mining barons from Bellary in his Cabinet.
In the case of Kumaraswamy, the report indicts him for giving mining licences, in violation of the law, to Jantkal mining company and Sai Venkateshwara Minerals. Justice Hegde has also sought an investigation into the role of Congress Rajya Sabha MP Anil Lad in the illegal mining business in Karnataka.
As expected, the names of Janardhan Reddy, Revenue Minister K. Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B. Sriramulu, who have been accused of illegal mining in the first report, also figure in the second report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know