Will quit as MP if named in report: Kumaraswamy
New Delhi: Former chief minister of Karnataka and JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy on Wednesday vowed to resign as Member of Parliament if he is indicted in the Lokayukta Santosh Hegde’s explosive report on illegal mining racket in the state.
The much-awaited second report of the Karnataka Lokayukta on illegal mining business, parts of which were leaked to media, is said to have indicted Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and Kumaraswamy, in addition to the Bellary brothers and Housing Minister V Somanna.
Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde is likely to submit his report today.
The report claims that Yeddyurappa and his family have been beneficiaries of the largesse of mining companies. It further alleges that an educational trust run by the Chief Minister`s family allegedly received large sums of money in donations from mining companies.
The report also comes down heavily on Yeddyurappa for retaining the allegedly tainted mining barons from Bellary in his Cabinet.
In the case of Kumaraswamy, the report indicts him for giving mining licences, in violation of the law, to Jantkal mining company and Sai Venkateshwara Minerals. Justice Hegde has also sought an investigation into the role of Congress Rajya Sabha MP Anil Lad in the illegal mining business in Karnataka.
As expected, the names of Janardhan Reddy, Revenue Minister K. Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B. Sriramulu, who have been accused of illegal mining in the first report, also figure in the second report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state