Will quit as MP if named in report: Kumaraswamy
New Delhi: Former chief minister of Karnataka and JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy on Wednesday vowed to resign as Member of Parliament if he is indicted in the Lokayukta Santosh Hegde’s explosive report on illegal mining racket in the state.
The much-awaited second report of the Karnataka Lokayukta on illegal mining business, parts of which were leaked to media, is said to have indicted Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and Kumaraswamy, in addition to the Bellary brothers and Housing Minister V Somanna.
Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde is likely to submit his report today.
The report claims that Yeddyurappa and his family have been beneficiaries of the largesse of mining companies. It further alleges that an educational trust run by the Chief Minister`s family allegedly received large sums of money in donations from mining companies.
The report also comes down heavily on Yeddyurappa for retaining the allegedly tainted mining barons from Bellary in his Cabinet.
In the case of Kumaraswamy, the report indicts him for giving mining licences, in violation of the law, to Jantkal mining company and Sai Venkateshwara Minerals. Justice Hegde has also sought an investigation into the role of Congress Rajya Sabha MP Anil Lad in the illegal mining business in Karnataka.
As expected, the names of Janardhan Reddy, Revenue Minister K. Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B. Sriramulu, who have been accused of illegal mining in the first report, also figure in the second report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues