Will quit if asked to: Jaya Bachchan
Mumbai: Calling the expulsion of Amar
Singh as wrong which would hurt the party, Jaya Bachchan today
said that she would quit the Samajwadi Party and Rajya Sabha
if asked by it`s President Mulayam Singh.
"If they want me to leave then they should ask," she
said when asked whether she would quit the party and Samajwadi
Party Rajya Sabha member Jaya Bachchan today said she was "sad
and hurt" at the expulsion of Amar Singh and Jaya Prada.
"I am sad and hurt. This is a very wrong decision and
would hurt the party in future," she said.
Bachchan, who was brought into Samajwadi party by Amar
Singh, said that it was sad that Mulayam Singh has been
bullied by people around him into taking action against Amar
"A lot of people have managed to bully Mulayam Singhji
into taking this decision. Mulayam Singhji has great love and
affection for Amar Singhji who was like a shield to his
leader. I am worried and concerned that the shield has been
removed," the actor-politician said.
Bachchan said she had interacted with Mulayam after
Amar`s resignation from part posts and added that the former
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister was still her leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?