Will raise RTI activists` murders issue: Varun
Pilibhit: Condoning the killing of more than a dozen RTI activists in the country over the last two years, local BJP MP Varun Gandhi said he would raise the issue in the
Lok Sabha soon.
"In the past two years, as many as 13 RTI activists have been murdered in the country and this issue will be raised in the Lok Sabha soon," Varun Gandhi told reporters here last night.
Varun, who is also BJP`s national secretary, said all the RTI activists who were killed were not raising national issues but local ones and it seemed that the murders had taken place with the backing of police.
Lamenting that the country was lagging behind because of corruption, Varun pledged support to activist Anna Hazare, saying the Gandhian`s campaign was "to save the country."
"The support to Anna Hazare has proved that people are not ready to bow down before anyone," he said.
Earlier addressing farmers at a meeting, Varun assured them that he would try his best to re-open Majhola sugar mill here and would bear the cost of the legal battle, if required.
The mill ran for 37 days in 2008-2009, seven days in 2009-2010 and has remained non-functional in 2010-2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India