Will raise Zee Editors’ arrest issue in Parliament: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: JD(U) leader and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav on Wednesday described the arrests of Zee News Editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary as an attempt by the government to gag the media.
Speaking to Zee News, Yadav said they would raise the issue in Parliament.
Yadav wanted to know why those behind the loot in the Coalgate (Naveen Jindal) have not been arrested.
“Why only one-sided action? Why hasn’t action been taken against those guilty of corruption?” he asked.
The JD(U) leader said since the case is already in court, first extortion should have been proved before arresting the editors.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi too described the arrests as illegitimate.
Saying that the Zee Group has been raising its voice against corruption, Naqvi warned that the government will suffer because of this action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you