Will raise Zee Editors’ arrest issue in Parliament: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: JD(U) leader and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav on Wednesday described the arrests of Zee News Editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary as an attempt by the government to gag the media.
Speaking to Zee News, Yadav said they would raise the issue in Parliament.
Yadav wanted to know why those behind the loot in the Coalgate (Naveen Jindal) have not been arrested.
“Why only one-sided action? Why hasn’t action been taken against those guilty of corruption?” he asked.
The JD(U) leader said since the case is already in court, first extortion should have been proved before arresting the editors.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi too described the arrests as illegitimate.
Saying that the Zee Group has been raising its voice against corruption, Naqvi warned that the government will suffer because of this action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported