Will raise Zee Editors’ arrest issue in Parliament: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: JD(U) leader and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav on Wednesday described the arrests of Zee News Editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary as an attempt by the government to gag the media.
Speaking to Zee News, Yadav said they would raise the issue in Parliament.
Yadav wanted to know why those behind the loot in the Coalgate (Naveen Jindal) have not been arrested.
“Why only one-sided action? Why hasn’t action been taken against those guilty of corruption?” he asked.
The JD(U) leader said since the case is already in court, first extortion should have been proved before arresting the editors.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi too described the arrests as illegitimate.
Saying that the Zee Group has been raising its voice against corruption, Naqvi warned that the government will suffer because of this action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India