Will raise Zee Editors’ arrest issue in Parliament: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: JD(U) leader and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav on Wednesday described the arrests of Zee News Editors Samir Ahluwalia and Sudhir Chaudhary as an attempt by the government to gag the media.
Speaking to Zee News, Yadav said they would raise the issue in Parliament.
Yadav wanted to know why those behind the loot in the Coalgate (Naveen Jindal) have not been arrested.
“Why only one-sided action? Why hasn’t action been taken against those guilty of corruption?” he asked.
The JD(U) leader said since the case is already in court, first extortion should have been proved before arresting the editors.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi too described the arrests as illegitimate.
Saying that the Zee Group has been raising its voice against corruption, Naqvi warned that the government will suffer because of this action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand