Will remain in state politics, says Manohar Parrikar
Panaji; Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday asserted he will remain in state politics saying he is not eyeing the national political stage either "through Lok Sabha polls or any other way".
There were rumours that Parrikar, who is part of BJP`s core committee, will be considered for an important position in the Centre after the Lok Sabha polls.
"Let me tell you this...Please underline it...I am not going to Centre, neither through Lok Sabha polls nor any other way," he told reporters here.
He, however, said that he is ready to assist the Union government whenever it requires his help.
"I am making this clear, so there are no more rumours. After listening to these rumors, many people approached me asking not to leave the state politics, while there were some who suggested that I should go to Centre politics," he commented.
He said that he will campaign for the party pan-India, though he has ruled out his role in the Centre, after the elections.
"I will remain in Goa. The decision will be taken when it is required, why today? I am chief minister (of Goa) and happy to remain so," Parrikar had told PTI earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!