Will remain in state politics, says Manohar Parrikar
Panaji; Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday asserted he will remain in state politics saying he is not eyeing the national political stage either "through Lok Sabha polls or any other way".
There were rumours that Parrikar, who is part of BJP`s core committee, will be considered for an important position in the Centre after the Lok Sabha polls.
"Let me tell you this...Please underline it...I am not going to Centre, neither through Lok Sabha polls nor any other way," he told reporters here.
He, however, said that he is ready to assist the Union government whenever it requires his help.
"I am making this clear, so there are no more rumours. After listening to these rumors, many people approached me asking not to leave the state politics, while there were some who suggested that I should go to Centre politics," he commented.
He said that he will campaign for the party pan-India, though he has ruled out his role in the Centre, after the elections.
"I will remain in Goa. The decision will be taken when it is required, why today? I am chief minister (of Goa) and happy to remain so," Parrikar had told PTI earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise