Will resign from assembly if arrested: Kataria
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader Gulab Chand Kataria, who has been chargesheeted in Sohrabuddin encounter case, today said he would resign from the Rajasthan Assembly if arrested in the case.
"A political game has been played to implicate me in this case. The real face of CBI and the Union government will be revealed after the investigations," Kataria, who was here to attend a meeting of the state assembly, told reporters.
Terming the matter as a "political conspiracy" against him, Kataria said that he will not come back to the Legislative Assembly till he is proved innocent.
"I have not received any summon from CBI. There is deliberate attempt to end my 35-year-long political career. I have been made an accused in matters which I have no knowledge of," he said.
The CBI has booked Kataria and three others for murder charges in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case.
Kataria is the second high profile politician to be named in the alleged fake encounter case after former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur