Will resign from assembly if arrested: Kataria
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader Gulab Chand Kataria, who has been chargesheeted in Sohrabuddin encounter case, today said he would resign from the Rajasthan Assembly if arrested in the case.
"A political game has been played to implicate me in this case. The real face of CBI and the Union government will be revealed after the investigations," Kataria, who was here to attend a meeting of the state assembly, told reporters.
Terming the matter as a "political conspiracy" against him, Kataria said that he will not come back to the Legislative Assembly till he is proved innocent.
"I have not received any summon from CBI. There is deliberate attempt to end my 35-year-long political career. I have been made an accused in matters which I have no knowledge of," he said.
The CBI has booked Kataria and three others for murder charges in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case.
Kataria is the second high profile politician to be named in the alleged fake encounter case after former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test