`Will speak only when my BJP colleagues are held`
Guwahati: BJP leader LK Advani Thursday hit
back at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for asking him to avoid using harsh words, saying he spoke up against the government only when his colleagues were arrested for upholding democracy.
"The prime minister says I use harsh words. I do not use
harsh words, but only speak out against the government when my
colleagues are arrested for upholding democracy and whistle
blowers are sent to jail," he told a public rally here as part
of his Jan Chetna Yatra.
He was reacting to Singh`s remark yesterday that Advani`s attacks appeared "intemperate" and the prime minister`s suggestion to him to "avoid harsh words" in his criticism.
Advani alleged, "This government is unfortunately weak.
All over the world the prime minister has the last word. But
here in India the buck stops at 10 Janpath (UPA president
Sonia Gandhi`s official residence) and not at 7 Race Course
(PM`s official residence)."
He demanded a white paper on action the government has
taken for bringing back black money stashed away in Swiss
"Government only says that action is being taken. We have
heard that the government has given a list to the Income Tax
department to find out quietly about those possessing black
money. Why is it being done secretly?" Advani said.
"I demand that the Government of India immediately come
out with a white paper to say what action has been taken to
bring back black money."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read