`Will speak only when my BJP colleagues are held`
Guwahati: BJP leader LK Advani Thursday hit
back at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for asking him to avoid using harsh words, saying he spoke up against the government only when his colleagues were arrested for upholding democracy.
"The prime minister says I use harsh words. I do not use
harsh words, but only speak out against the government when my
colleagues are arrested for upholding democracy and whistle
blowers are sent to jail," he told a public rally here as part
of his Jan Chetna Yatra.
He was reacting to Singh`s remark yesterday that Advani`s attacks appeared "intemperate" and the prime minister`s suggestion to him to "avoid harsh words" in his criticism.
Advani alleged, "This government is unfortunately weak.
All over the world the prime minister has the last word. But
here in India the buck stops at 10 Janpath (UPA president
Sonia Gandhi`s official residence) and not at 7 Race Course
(PM`s official residence)."
He demanded a white paper on action the government has
taken for bringing back black money stashed away in Swiss
"Government only says that action is being taken. We have
heard that the government has given a list to the Income Tax
department to find out quietly about those possessing black
money. Why is it being done secretly?" Advani said.
"I demand that the Government of India immediately come
out with a white paper to say what action has been taken to
bring back black money."
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt