Will stand by secular parties in VP poll: JDS
Bangalore: JDS on Monday said it would stand by secular parties in the Vice Presidential Election.
Asked if Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had called him and discussed Vice President Hamid Ansari`s name for a second term, JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda told reporters here, "Whether he (PM) calls or not, I will stand by secular parties."
He said the Prime Minister had called him to support the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for Presidential Election.
The Vice Presidential Election is slated to be held on August 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach