Will stand by secular parties in VP poll: JDS
Bangalore: JDS on Monday said it would stand by secular parties in the Vice Presidential Election.
Asked if Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had called him and discussed Vice President Hamid Ansari`s name for a second term, JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda told reporters here, "Whether he (PM) calls or not, I will stand by secular parties."
He said the Prime Minister had called him to support the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for Presidential Election.
The Vice Presidential Election is slated to be held on August 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal