Will stand by secular parties in VP poll: JDS
Bangalore: JDS on Monday said it would stand by secular parties in the Vice Presidential Election.
Asked if Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had called him and discussed Vice President Hamid Ansari`s name for a second term, JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda told reporters here, "Whether he (PM) calls or not, I will stand by secular parties."
He said the Prime Minister had called him to support the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for Presidential Election.
The Vice Presidential Election is slated to be held on August 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH