Will stand by secular parties in VP poll: JDS
Bangalore: JDS on Monday said it would stand by secular parties in the Vice Presidential Election.
Asked if Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had called him and discussed Vice President Hamid Ansari`s name for a second term, JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda told reporters here, "Whether he (PM) calls or not, I will stand by secular parties."
He said the Prime Minister had called him to support the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for Presidential Election.
The Vice Presidential Election is slated to be held on August 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites