Will stand by secular parties in VP poll: JDS
Bangalore: JDS on Monday said it would stand by secular parties in the Vice Presidential Election.
Asked if Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had called him and discussed Vice President Hamid Ansari`s name for a second term, JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda told reporters here, "Whether he (PM) calls or not, I will stand by secular parties."
He said the Prime Minister had called him to support the candidature of Pranab Mukherjee for Presidential Election.
The Vice Presidential Election is slated to be held on August 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport