Will start drafting report from Sept 15: Srikrishna Committee
Hyderabad: The five-member Justice (Retd) B
N Srikrishna Committee, appointed by the Centre for
consultations on the situation in Andhra Pradesh, will start
drafting its report from September 15.
"We shall complete our consultation process by September
15 and then begin writing the report so that it can be
submitted to the government by December 31 deadline,"
Committee chairman Srikrishna said in Mahbubnagar today.
Accompanied by the Committee member-secretary V K Duggal
and member Abu Saleh Sharif, Srikrishna interacted with
political leaders, people and various local groups at
The Committee visited Ketireddipalli village in the
district and interacted with people to elicit their views on
the separate statehood demand.
The Committee members toured Ranga Reddy and Medak
districts in the Telangana region yesterday and interacted
with public representatives and people.
It may be recalled that the Centre appointed the
five-member committee in February this year and it started the
consultation process in April. Since then it has received more
than one lakh representations for and against the bifurcation
of Andhra Pradesh.
The committee members personally visited several
districts in all the three regions ? Rayalaseema, coastal
Andhra and Telangana of the state to elicit feedback from
the grassroots level people.
"We have almost come to the end of our field-level
consultation exercise and we will wind it up by September 15,"
Srikrishna said after his Mahbubnagar visit today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands