Will stay away from politics till Dec: Uma Bharti
Rajkot: Senior BJP Leader Uma Bharti on Saturday said that she had decided to stay away from politics till December, and devote her time to `Save Ganga` campaign.
Bharti, a former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, is on two-day Saurashtra visit.
Talking to reporters here before leaving for Somnath, Bharti said, "As auspicious Shravan month is going on, I decided to offer prayers at two `jyotirlings` in Gujarat - Somnath in Junagadh district and Nageshwar near Dwarka."
Bharti evaded questions about politics. "Being an active politician, I could not stay away from the politics forever, but have decided now to stay away from active politics from May to December, in order to give full time to the `Save Ganga` campaign," she said.
Pollution of river Ganga was a matter of grave concern, she said, adding that the campaign, in association with environmentalists, sought to create awareness about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing