Will stay away from politics till Dec: Uma Bharti
Rajkot: Senior BJP Leader Uma Bharti on Saturday said that she had decided to stay away from politics till December, and devote her time to `Save Ganga` campaign.
Bharti, a former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, is on two-day Saurashtra visit.
Talking to reporters here before leaving for Somnath, Bharti said, "As auspicious Shravan month is going on, I decided to offer prayers at two `jyotirlings` in Gujarat - Somnath in Junagadh district and Nageshwar near Dwarka."
Bharti evaded questions about politics. "Being an active politician, I could not stay away from the politics forever, but have decided now to stay away from active politics from May to December, in order to give full time to the `Save Ganga` campaign," she said.
Pollution of river Ganga was a matter of grave concern, she said, adding that the campaign, in association with environmentalists, sought to create awareness about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16