Will stay away from politics till Dec: Uma Bharti
Rajkot: Senior BJP Leader Uma Bharti on Saturday said that she had decided to stay away from politics till December, and devote her time to `Save Ganga` campaign.
Bharti, a former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, is on two-day Saurashtra visit.
Talking to reporters here before leaving for Somnath, Bharti said, "As auspicious Shravan month is going on, I decided to offer prayers at two `jyotirlings` in Gujarat - Somnath in Junagadh district and Nageshwar near Dwarka."
Bharti evaded questions about politics. "Being an active politician, I could not stay away from the politics forever, but have decided now to stay away from active politics from May to December, in order to give full time to the `Save Ganga` campaign," she said.
Pollution of river Ganga was a matter of grave concern, she said, adding that the campaign, in association with environmentalists, sought to create awareness about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why