Will stay away from politics till Dec: Uma Bharti
Rajkot: Senior BJP Leader Uma Bharti on Saturday said that she had decided to stay away from politics till December, and devote her time to `Save Ganga` campaign.
Bharti, a former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, is on two-day Saurashtra visit.
Talking to reporters here before leaving for Somnath, Bharti said, "As auspicious Shravan month is going on, I decided to offer prayers at two `jyotirlings` in Gujarat - Somnath in Junagadh district and Nageshwar near Dwarka."
Bharti evaded questions about politics. "Being an active politician, I could not stay away from the politics forever, but have decided now to stay away from active politics from May to December, in order to give full time to the `Save Ganga` campaign," she said.
Pollution of river Ganga was a matter of grave concern, she said, adding that the campaign, in association with environmentalists, sought to create awareness about the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read