Will sting operation hurt Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi Assembly elections?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With less than two weeks to go for the Delhi Assembly Elections, Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has suffered a serious credibility crisis with a sting operation showing party leaders accepting cash donations without proper verification.
Media Sarkar, which conducted the sting operation, claimed that several AAP leaders readily agreed to extend their support for recovery of money from individuals and getting land deals done, in return of donations in cash to AAP.
Following the revelations, AAP has been criticised from all quarters – the same has come amid surveys and opinion polls that the party is headed for a spectacular show on its debut.
While party leader Kejriwal has assured that anyone found guilty will face action, the damage seems to have been done.
Shazia Ilmi, who is among the leaders who feature in the sting, has rubbished the allegations but offered not to contest polls to save the party from getting a bad name.
Kejriwal also said that they were expecting “many more sting operations” as their growing popularity has unsettled many.
"We will not spare anyone if found guilty," he said, adding he knew who were behind it as BJP and Congress have been routed by AAP.
In the video, a reporter is shown posing as a representative of a firm. She meets Shazia to seek her help to teach a lesson to a rival company.
As per agency reports, Shazia initially refused to help the reporter without legal documents, but later allegedly agreed to help her even without documents when the reporter offered her donations in cash.
In the video, Shazia could be seen saying that AAP accepts donations in cash.
Other leaders who also got ‘caught’ in the sting include Kumar Vishwas, Manoj Kumar, Dinesh Mohaniya, Irfan Ullah Khan, Mukesh Hooda, Prakash and Bhawna Gaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi