Will study order to decide future course of action: CBI
New Delhi: CBI, whose clean chit to Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in a 1984 anti-Sikh riot case was rejected by a court, said on Wednesday it will study the verdict before deciding the course of action.
CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said the agency will study the orders of the court and decide on future course of action.
Agency sources, meanwhile, manintained that they had sent a team to record the statement of the witness based in the United States of America but his statements were not found to have any evidential value.
They said the witness had given them three more names who had claimed to have the information of Tytler`s alleged role in the anti-Sikh riots which shook the city after the assasination of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984 by her Sikh bodyguards.
The sources claimed the persons named by the US-based witness were not found to be genuine.
Asked about the future course of action by the agency, they said it would depend on the directive issued by the court and CBI is ready to probe again if the orders are for examination of only two-three witnesses.
CBI had filed closure report in the case saying the probe has made it clear that Tytler was not present on November 1, 1984 at Gurudwara Pulbangash in North Delhi where three people were killed during the riots.
Additional Sessions Judge Anuradha Shukla Bhardwaj today set aside the order of a magisterial court which accepted CBI`s closure report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?