Will take action against VC if he made sexist remarks: Sibal
New Delhi: Denouncing the reported remarks of
the Vice Chancellor of a Central university against women
Hindi writers, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal Sunday said such
comments represent an "affront" to womanhood and action will
be taken against him if it is found to be true.
Vibhuti Narain Rai, the Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi
International Hindi University, had reportedly made some
remarks against women Hindi writers in an interview to a Hindi
Reacting to the reported remarks, Sibal said, "If it is
true then it represents an affront to womanhood."
"Such disparaging remarks about women writers in general
represent a mindset which is inconsistent with the dignity of
the office he occupies," the HRD Minister said.
"Upon investigation, if we find the report to be true
we will certainly take action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?