Will take action against VC if he made sexist remarks: Sibal
New Delhi: Denouncing the reported remarks of
the Vice Chancellor of a Central university against women
Hindi writers, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal Sunday said such
comments represent an "affront" to womanhood and action will
be taken against him if it is found to be true.
Vibhuti Narain Rai, the Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi
International Hindi University, had reportedly made some
remarks against women Hindi writers in an interview to a Hindi
Reacting to the reported remarks, Sibal said, "If it is
true then it represents an affront to womanhood."
"Such disparaging remarks about women writers in general
represent a mindset which is inconsistent with the dignity of
the office he occupies," the HRD Minister said.
"Upon investigation, if we find the report to be true
we will certainly take action," he said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on