Will take appropriate decision on North Korean adv
New Delhi: India on Saturday said it has taken note of a North Korean evacuation advisory to foreign missions in Pyong Yang amidst global concerns that the isolated state was preparing a missile launch at a time of heightened nuclear tensions.
"India has taken note of it and is in touch with our mission. We will take an appropriate decision in time," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin said.
North Korea had warned yesterday that it could not guarantee the safety of diplomats after next Wednesday and asked embassies to consider moving staff out of the country.
The message to diplomats came as tensions in the region continued to escalate despite international efforts to defuse the situation.
Many of North Korea`s angry statements have cited the annual military exercises between US and South Korean forces as provocation.
The US flew nuclear-capable B2 and B52 bombers over the South as part of the drill, and has since deployed warships with missile defence systems to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test