Will take appropriate decision on North Korean adv
New Delhi: India on Saturday said it has taken note of a North Korean evacuation advisory to foreign missions in Pyong Yang amidst global concerns that the isolated state was preparing a missile launch at a time of heightened nuclear tensions.
"India has taken note of it and is in touch with our mission. We will take an appropriate decision in time," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin said.
North Korea had warned yesterday that it could not guarantee the safety of diplomats after next Wednesday and asked embassies to consider moving staff out of the country.
The message to diplomats came as tensions in the region continued to escalate despite international efforts to defuse the situation.
Many of North Korea`s angry statements have cited the annual military exercises between US and South Korean forces as provocation.
The US flew nuclear-capable B2 and B52 bombers over the South as part of the drill, and has since deployed warships with missile defence systems to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery