Will take appropriate decision on North Korean adv
New Delhi: India on Saturday said it has taken note of a North Korean evacuation advisory to foreign missions in Pyong Yang amidst global concerns that the isolated state was preparing a missile launch at a time of heightened nuclear tensions.
"India has taken note of it and is in touch with our mission. We will take an appropriate decision in time," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin said.
North Korea had warned yesterday that it could not guarantee the safety of diplomats after next Wednesday and asked embassies to consider moving staff out of the country.
The message to diplomats came as tensions in the region continued to escalate despite international efforts to defuse the situation.
Many of North Korea`s angry statements have cited the annual military exercises between US and South Korean forces as provocation.
The US flew nuclear-capable B2 and B52 bombers over the South as part of the drill, and has since deployed warships with missile defence systems to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'