Will take appropriate decision on North Korean adv
New Delhi: India on Saturday said it has taken note of a North Korean evacuation advisory to foreign missions in Pyong Yang amidst global concerns that the isolated state was preparing a missile launch at a time of heightened nuclear tensions.
"India has taken note of it and is in touch with our mission. We will take an appropriate decision in time," official spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin said.
North Korea had warned yesterday that it could not guarantee the safety of diplomats after next Wednesday and asked embassies to consider moving staff out of the country.
The message to diplomats came as tensions in the region continued to escalate despite international efforts to defuse the situation.
Many of North Korea`s angry statements have cited the annual military exercises between US and South Korean forces as provocation.
The US flew nuclear-capable B2 and B52 bombers over the South as part of the drill, and has since deployed warships with missile defence systems to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez