Will take on BJP, Congress: AAP
New Delhi: The AAP Wednesday welcomed the Lok Sabha election announcement and said it was confident of taking on both the big players: the BJP and the Congress.
"The goal of the AAP is to eradicate corruption, and this will be our plank in the general elections," Aam Aadmi Party spokesman Nagendra Sharma told IANS.
The AAP, formed only in November 2012, said it was confident of facing its Lok Sabha election.
"We are confident. We were already in the poll mode. That`s the reason we have declared three lists of candidates. We will give a good fight to the Congress and the BJP," he added.
The AAP, which ruled Delhi for 49 days until Feb 14, plans to contest around 350 Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam