Will tour with Ramdev if he is non-partisan: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Anna Hazare, who had a hush-hush meeting with Ramdev on Monday said he will join the yoga guru only after being convinced of his non-partisan credential.
Hazare, who was facing allegations that he was moving towards RSS aided by Ramdev, said he went to the meeting on September 19 following a message from the yoga guru.
"During the meeting, Ramdev suggested that we tour together. I did not give any assurance. I will do it only if I am convinced that he is not backed by any political party. I am not clear about it," he told reporters.
"Once it is clear that Ramdev has no political backing, then I will think about joining him," Hazare said.
In a blog last week, the veteran activist had decried efforts to link him with some parties and "communal" outfits, in an apparent reference to allegations that he is closing ranks with RSS through Ramdev to run the anti-corruption movement after the split with the Arvind Kejriwal-led group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS