Will tour with Ramdev if he is non-partisan: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Anna Hazare, who had a hush-hush meeting with Ramdev on Monday said he will join the yoga guru only after being convinced of his non-partisan credential.
Hazare, who was facing allegations that he was moving towards RSS aided by Ramdev, said he went to the meeting on September 19 following a message from the yoga guru.
"During the meeting, Ramdev suggested that we tour together. I did not give any assurance. I will do it only if I am convinced that he is not backed by any political party. I am not clear about it," he told reporters.
"Once it is clear that Ramdev has no political backing, then I will think about joining him," Hazare said.
In a blog last week, the veteran activist had decried efforts to link him with some parties and "communal" outfits, in an apparent reference to allegations that he is closing ranks with RSS through Ramdev to run the anti-corruption movement after the split with the Arvind Kejriwal-led group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed