Will tour with Ramdev if he is non-partisan: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Anna Hazare, who had a hush-hush meeting with Ramdev on Monday said he will join the yoga guru only after being convinced of his non-partisan credential.
Hazare, who was facing allegations that he was moving towards RSS aided by Ramdev, said he went to the meeting on September 19 following a message from the yoga guru.
"During the meeting, Ramdev suggested that we tour together. I did not give any assurance. I will do it only if I am convinced that he is not backed by any political party. I am not clear about it," he told reporters.
"Once it is clear that Ramdev has no political backing, then I will think about joining him," Hazare said.
In a blog last week, the veteran activist had decried efforts to link him with some parties and "communal" outfits, in an apparent reference to allegations that he is closing ranks with RSS through Ramdev to run the anti-corruption movement after the split with the Arvind Kejriwal-led group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed