Will tour with Ramdev if he is non-partisan: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Anna Hazare, who had a hush-hush meeting with Ramdev on Monday said he will join the yoga guru only after being convinced of his non-partisan credential.
Hazare, who was facing allegations that he was moving towards RSS aided by Ramdev, said he went to the meeting on September 19 following a message from the yoga guru.
"During the meeting, Ramdev suggested that we tour together. I did not give any assurance. I will do it only if I am convinced that he is not backed by any political party. I am not clear about it," he told reporters.
"Once it is clear that Ramdev has no political backing, then I will think about joining him," Hazare said.
In a blog last week, the veteran activist had decried efforts to link him with some parties and "communal" outfits, in an apparent reference to allegations that he is closing ranks with RSS through Ramdev to run the anti-corruption movement after the split with the Arvind Kejriwal-led group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'