Will tour with Ramdev if he is non-partisan: Anna Hazare
New Delhi: Anna Hazare, who had a hush-hush meeting with Ramdev on Monday said he will join the yoga guru only after being convinced of his non-partisan credential.
Hazare, who was facing allegations that he was moving towards RSS aided by Ramdev, said he went to the meeting on September 19 following a message from the yoga guru.
"During the meeting, Ramdev suggested that we tour together. I did not give any assurance. I will do it only if I am convinced that he is not backed by any political party. I am not clear about it," he told reporters.
"Once it is clear that Ramdev has no political backing, then I will think about joining him," Hazare said.
In a blog last week, the veteran activist had decried efforts to link him with some parties and "communal" outfits, in an apparent reference to allegations that he is closing ranks with RSS through Ramdev to run the anti-corruption movement after the split with the Arvind Kejriwal-led group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read