Will try to make Sharad Pawar Prime Minister: NCP
New Delhi: At a time when it is widely speculated that Rahul Gandhi will be UPA’s prime ministerial candidate, the NCP on Wednesday made it clear that it has not yet abandoned the wish to see Sharad Pawar as PM.
Party spokesperson DP Tripathi said that the Congress can decide on its PM candidate, while refusing to comment on Rahul Gandhi as UPA’s PM candidate.
Batting for his party boss, Sharad Pawar, Tripathi said, “…the whole country thinks Sharad Pawar is PM material…he is the big leader of a small party.”
“How can the probability of him become the PM can’t be rejected? We wish and we will plan to make him the prime minister, but it will depend on a lot of other issues,” he said.
Tripathi also dismissed suggestions that the Third Front will be revived, while also rejecting any chance of the NCP joining the formation.
On the turf war in NDA over its PM candidate, Tripathi said that he is not concerned whether it is Modi, Swaraj or whether the situation will see ‘Arun’ uday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday