Will try to resolve differences with Anna: AAP
Jalandhar: Aam Aadmi Party will try to resolve its differences with Anna Hazare as the party came out of the anti-corruption movement led by him, AAP`s national observer Dharam Singh Dabas said here on Friday.
"Our party had been a part of Anna`s movement but was in a different form then. Anna`s movement was the progenitor of the Aam Aadmi Party," he said.
Referring to Anna`s statement that party`s convener Arvind Kejriwal had fallen prey to the temptation of power, Dabas said: "Anna is demanding Jan Lokpal and we too are asking for the same. We are fighting for the same cause. There might be some differences in the means to achieve the goal. We will have to talk to Anna to resolve these differences."
He, however, refused to say when the talks will take place and what subjects will be discussed.
"As of now, I cannot say anything in this regard," said Dabas.
AAP functionaries were here on a membership drive named `Mission Buniyad` (Mission Foundation) to expand party`s base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16