Will Yeddyurappa join BJP post Narendra Modi`s elevation?
Zee Media Bureau/Sushmita Dutta
New Delhi: Immediately after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday was named the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, the former Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa said he will support Narendra Modi and NDA (National Democratic Alliance) in future.
"People hope for a vibrant India, I will support Modi ji and NDA in future," Yeddyurappa tweeted.
While hinting on his return into the Bharatiya Janata Party, Yeddyurappa said, "Will take the decision after a discussion with senior leaders of our party (Karnataka Janata Party) on September 18 and 19."
Yeddyurappa, BJP`s first CM in Karnataka, said he welcomed Narendra Modi`s nomination and would work for strengthening the NDA.
Last year, over mining bribery charges, BSY was forced to quit CM`s post after which he also left the BJP late last year and formed a new party, KJP.
The announcement of Modi`s elevation as BJP`s PM candidate was made here after the meeting of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) parliamentary board, one of the party`s top decision making panels.
The day saw hectic parleys with party president Rajnath Singh trying to get all leaders, including senior leader LK Advani, on board.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal