Willing for debate on coal allocation after PM resigns: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday said it was willing to debate in parliament on coal blocks allocation only after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
"There is a logjam in parliament as BJP has raised the issue of coal blocks allocation. We want prime minister`s resignation as the allocations were made when he was holding the portfolio of coal minister," said BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad.
"Besides, we want cancellation of all 142 allocated blocks and an impartial probe after which BJP is willing for any debate," he said.
BJP disrupted the proceedings in parliament for the 11th consecutive day Wednesday over the coal blocks allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert