Willing for debate on coal allocation after PM resigns: BJP
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday said it was willing to debate in parliament on coal blocks allocation only after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
"There is a logjam in parliament as BJP has raised the issue of coal blocks allocation. We want prime minister`s resignation as the allocations were made when he was holding the portfolio of coal minister," said BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad.
"Besides, we want cancellation of all 142 allocated blocks and an impartial probe after which BJP is willing for any debate," he said.
BJP disrupted the proceedings in parliament for the 11th consecutive day Wednesday over the coal blocks allocation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand