Wind up JPC, suggests Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: Miffed at Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh`s remarks that Parliament should not pre-judge
the 2G issue, BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Tuesday said the JPC on
the matter should be wound up.
Jaswant Singh made this suggestion as the Joint
Parliamentary Committee met to record the evidence of former
Telecom Secretary Anil Kumar.
"It was an emotional reaction to the prime minister`s
statement," JPC Chairman PC Chacko said.
He said Jaswant Singh was convinced when he was told
the JPC was formed when the 2G matter was already being heard
"He was told that JPC was formed by Parliament when
the 2G issue was being examined by courts. Before the JPC, the
matter was before the Public Accounts Committee. The JPC can
continue to look into it. This convinced him," Chacko said.
On Sunday, the prime minister said that the 2G issue
was before courts and it was best left to allow the courts to
"Parliament should not pre-judge the issue," Singh had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!