Wind up JPC, suggests Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: Miffed at Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh`s remarks that Parliament should not pre-judge
the 2G issue, BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Tuesday said the JPC on
the matter should be wound up.
Jaswant Singh made this suggestion as the Joint
Parliamentary Committee met to record the evidence of former
Telecom Secretary Anil Kumar.
"It was an emotional reaction to the prime minister`s
statement," JPC Chairman PC Chacko said.
He said Jaswant Singh was convinced when he was told
the JPC was formed when the 2G matter was already being heard
"He was told that JPC was formed by Parliament when
the 2G issue was being examined by courts. Before the JPC, the
matter was before the Public Accounts Committee. The JPC can
continue to look into it. This convinced him," Chacko said.
On Sunday, the prime minister said that the 2G issue
was before courts and it was best left to allow the courts to
"Parliament should not pre-judge the issue," Singh had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie