Wind up JPC, suggests Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: Miffed at Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh`s remarks that Parliament should not pre-judge
the 2G issue, BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Tuesday said the JPC on
the matter should be wound up.
Jaswant Singh made this suggestion as the Joint
Parliamentary Committee met to record the evidence of former
Telecom Secretary Anil Kumar.
"It was an emotional reaction to the prime minister`s
statement," JPC Chairman PC Chacko said.
He said Jaswant Singh was convinced when he was told
the JPC was formed when the 2G matter was already being heard
"He was told that JPC was formed by Parliament when
the 2G issue was being examined by courts. Before the JPC, the
matter was before the Public Accounts Committee. The JPC can
continue to look into it. This convinced him," Chacko said.
On Sunday, the prime minister said that the 2G issue
was before courts and it was best left to allow the courts to
"Parliament should not pre-judge the issue," Singh had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers