Wind up JPC, suggests Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: Miffed at Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh`s remarks that Parliament should not pre-judge
the 2G issue, BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Tuesday said the JPC on
the matter should be wound up.
Jaswant Singh made this suggestion as the Joint
Parliamentary Committee met to record the evidence of former
Telecom Secretary Anil Kumar.
"It was an emotional reaction to the prime minister`s
statement," JPC Chairman PC Chacko said.
He said Jaswant Singh was convinced when he was told
the JPC was formed when the 2G matter was already being heard
"He was told that JPC was formed by Parliament when
the 2G issue was being examined by courts. Before the JPC, the
matter was before the Public Accounts Committee. The JPC can
continue to look into it. This convinced him," Chacko said.
On Sunday, the prime minister said that the 2G issue
was before courts and it was best left to allow the courts to
"Parliament should not pre-judge the issue," Singh had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali