Winter Session extended to discuss Lokpal
New Delhi: The Winter Session of Parliament, which was to end on Thursday, has been extended. Both Houses will reconvene on December 27-29 to discuss the Lokpal Bill, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani said on Wednesday.
"The House will be reconvened from December 27-29," Advani told reporters after meeting leader of the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
He said the Lokpal Bill would be introduced in the Lok Sabha on December 22 and would be taken up for discussion from December 27.
Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley also attended the meeting.
The Lok Sabha Business Advisory Committee (BAC) had on Tuesday agreed to extend the House from December 27-29, but there were protests from some members, especially those from the Northeast and Kerala.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Bansal had said the BAC would review the decision on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof