Winter Session extended to discuss Lokpal
New Delhi: The Winter Session of Parliament, which was to end on Thursday, has been extended. Both Houses will reconvene on December 27-29 to discuss the Lokpal Bill, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani said on Wednesday.
"The House will be reconvened from December 27-29," Advani told reporters after meeting leader of the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
He said the Lokpal Bill would be introduced in the Lok Sabha on December 22 and would be taken up for discussion from December 27.
Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley also attended the meeting.
The Lok Sabha Business Advisory Committee (BAC) had on Tuesday agreed to extend the House from December 27-29, but there were protests from some members, especially those from the Northeast and Kerala.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Bansal had said the BAC would review the decision on Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp