Winter Session extended to discuss Lokpal
New Delhi: The Winter Session of Parliament, which was to end on Thursday, has been extended. Both Houses will reconvene on December 27-29 to discuss the Lokpal Bill, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani said on Wednesday.
"The House will be reconvened from December 27-29," Advani told reporters after meeting leader of the Lok Sabha and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
He said the Lokpal Bill would be introduced in the Lok Sabha on December 22 and would be taken up for discussion from December 27.
Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley also attended the meeting.
The Lok Sabha Business Advisory Committee (BAC) had on Tuesday agreed to extend the House from December 27-29, but there were protests from some members, especially those from the Northeast and Kerala.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Bansal had said the BAC would review the decision on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia