Winter session of Parliament likely from Nov 21
New Delhi: Parliament`s winter session is likely to begin on November 21 and continue for a month.
A meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs headed by Defence Minister A K Antony is expected in the next two days.
The meeting will decide the schedule of the winter session. Opposition BJP has already agreed to the government`s proposal of starting a regular winter session of Parliament from November 21 to December 21.
"We are agreeing with the first proposal that the winter session should be held from 21st November to 21st December as is normally held," Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj posted yesterday on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened