Winter session of Parliament likely from Nov 21
New Delhi: Parliament`s winter session is likely to begin on November 21 and continue for a month.
A meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs headed by Defence Minister A K Antony is expected in the next two days.
The meeting will decide the schedule of the winter session. Opposition BJP has already agreed to the government`s proposal of starting a regular winter session of Parliament from November 21 to December 21.
"We are agreeing with the first proposal that the winter session should be held from 21st November to 21st December as is normally held," Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj posted yesterday on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why