Winter session of Parliament likely from Nov 21
New Delhi: Parliament`s winter session is likely to begin on November 21 and continue for a month.
A meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs headed by Defence Minister A K Antony is expected in the next two days.
The meeting will decide the schedule of the winter session. Opposition BJP has already agreed to the government`s proposal of starting a regular winter session of Parliament from November 21 to December 21.
"We are agreeing with the first proposal that the winter session should be held from 21st November to 21st December as is normally held," Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj posted yesterday on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery