Winter session of Parliament likely from Nov 21
New Delhi: Parliament`s winter session is likely to begin on November 21 and continue for a month.
A meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs headed by Defence Minister A K Antony is expected in the next two days.
The meeting will decide the schedule of the winter session. Opposition BJP has already agreed to the government`s proposal of starting a regular winter session of Parliament from November 21 to December 21.
"We are agreeing with the first proposal that the winter session should be held from 21st November to 21st December as is normally held," Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj posted yesterday on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security