Winter Session: PM seeks cooperation of all parties
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday sought cooperation of all parties for the smooth running of Winter Session of the Parliament.
“Our Parliament has a very heavy Legislative agenda during the Winter Session. I seek cooperation from my colleagues in the House,” the PM said on his arrival at the Parliament today morning.
“We are ready to discuss all issues on the floor of both the Houses,” he stressed.
"We need to create new jobs on a large enough scale to provide gainful employment to our youth. Our country faces many problems on the economic front arising out of the consequences of global economic slowdown,” Manmohan Singh said.
"We need to increase investments in infrastructure sectors and social services like health and education to accelerate economic growth. Our government is committed to these tasks but success thereof requires cohesive collective action on the part of all segments of our polity,” he added.
“We all have an obligation, in Opposition as well as in government, to work together to enable our parliamentary democracy. I invite all political parties to join hands in this vital national endeavour,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'