Winter Session: PM seeks cooperation of all parties
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday sought cooperation of all parties for the smooth running of Winter Session of the Parliament.
“Our Parliament has a very heavy Legislative agenda during the Winter Session. I seek cooperation from my colleagues in the House,” the PM said on his arrival at the Parliament today morning.
“We are ready to discuss all issues on the floor of both the Houses,” he stressed.
"We need to create new jobs on a large enough scale to provide gainful employment to our youth. Our country faces many problems on the economic front arising out of the consequences of global economic slowdown,” Manmohan Singh said.
"We need to increase investments in infrastructure sectors and social services like health and education to accelerate economic growth. Our government is committed to these tasks but success thereof requires cohesive collective action on the part of all segments of our polity,” he added.
“We all have an obligation, in Opposition as well as in government, to work together to enable our parliamentary democracy. I invite all political parties to join hands in this vital national endeavour,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention
- Tim Kaine accepts Democratic nomination for VP
- Decoded! 5 exciting details of your PAN number
- World Hepatitis Day: 52 million Indians suffer from chronic hepatitis