Wipro to develop criminal tracking software for HM
New Delhi: IT firm Wipro Infotech today said
it has bagged a project from the Ministry of Home Affairs for
developing the core software for a crime and criminal tracking
network system (CCTNS).
Conceptualised by the Ministry of Home Affairs, the CCTNS
aims to create a nation-wide, IT-enabled criminal tracking
"Wipro Infotech has been selected as the Software
Development Agency (SDA) at the Centre for the CCTNS project,"
Wipro Infotech said in a statement.
However, no financial details were disclosed.
Under the project, Wipro will develop the core software
to be used by the states and another core application to be
used by the Centre for digitisation of crime and criminal
The project, covering all states and Union Territories,
will electronically link over 14,000 police stations and 6,000
higher police offices across the country. It will also present
a citizen-interface to provide basic services to citizens.
Once implemented, a database of criminal records will be
created at the state and national level, which can be accessed
in real-time from any police station across the country.
"We will leverage our domain expertise and best practices
to build the core application software for CCTNS for effective
and efficient policing through adoption of principals of
e-governance," Wipro Senior Vice-President and Business Head
(India, Middle East and Africa) Anand Sankaran said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey