Wish to settle boundary dispute with India through talks: China
Beijing: Ahead of the 50th anniversary of the 1962-war, China on Friday said that it "wholeheartedly" wishes to solve the border dispute with India through negotiations and maintain a friendly relationship.
"China develops in a peaceful way wholeheartedly, and hopes to maintain a friendly and cooperative relationship with India. China wishes to settle boundary issues through negotiation wholeheartedly," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said here.
The border area has been maintained peacefully and remained stable, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Hong as saying.
The 50th anniversary of the 1962 war falls on October 20.
Both countries have held over 15 rounds of negotiations so far to resolve the border dispute.
India asserts that the dispute covered about 4000 km, while China claims that it confined to around 2000 km to the area of Arunachal Pradesh, which it refers as Southern Tibet.
China and India both want to use friendly negotiation when resolving boundary issues, Hong said.
He said that to create a brighter future in Sino-Indian relations, the two countries needed to strengthen mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug