Wish to settle boundary dispute with India through talks: China
Beijing: Ahead of the 50th anniversary of the 1962-war, China on Friday said that it "wholeheartedly" wishes to solve the border dispute with India through negotiations and maintain a friendly relationship.
"China develops in a peaceful way wholeheartedly, and hopes to maintain a friendly and cooperative relationship with India. China wishes to settle boundary issues through negotiation wholeheartedly," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said here.
The border area has been maintained peacefully and remained stable, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Hong as saying.
The 50th anniversary of the 1962 war falls on October 20.
Both countries have held over 15 rounds of negotiations so far to resolve the border dispute.
India asserts that the dispute covered about 4000 km, while China claims that it confined to around 2000 km to the area of Arunachal Pradesh, which it refers as Southern Tibet.
China and India both want to use friendly negotiation when resolving boundary issues, Hong said.
He said that to create a brighter future in Sino-Indian relations, the two countries needed to strengthen mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video