With eye on Lok Sabha polls BJP forms two committees
New Delhi: To bolster its poll prospects in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, BJP on Sunday formed two committees to reach out to the voters, especially the youth, and to apprise them of the achievements of the previous NDA government and the BJP ruled states.
At a meeting of BJP office bearers, the party formed a committee headed by party youth wing chief Anurag Thakur to prepare the strategy for mobilising the young.
Other members of the committee are Varun Gandhi, Sudhanshu Trivedi, Vani Tripathi and Poonam Mahajan.
Another committee has been formed to prepare a report card on the performance of the erstwhile NDA government and the BJP ruled states. This committee comprises of Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Balbir Punj, JP Nadda, Nirmala Sitharaman and Prabhat Jha.
"A committee has been formed to prepare and present a report card to the people during the campaign listing achievements of the erstwhile NDA government as well as BJP regimes in states. Along with this, BJP members will also give to voters a "charge sheet" of the failures of the Congress government, including corruption, inability to check inflation and so on," party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
At a meeting here, BJP leadership today finalised the details of their `Gaon Chalo, Ghar Chalo (go to villages, go households)` programme under which party workers and leaders will meet voters by visiting villages and households. The programme will be carried out in the next 5-6 months.
Earlier at the meeting today Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had also said there is a lot of anger and resentment among the people towards Congress but this is not enough for improving BJP`s electoral prospects.
He suggested that modern technology should be used on a big scale to spread the "failures of the Congress government", especially among the youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery