With Ramesh in Mexico, Maha govt delays submitting report
New Delhi: Environment Ministry is yet to
receive the final report from Maharashtra government on
alleged violations of coastal regulation zone norms by the
controversial Adarsh housing society in Mumbai.
Officials said the state government was supposed to
submit the report by today to the Ministry on which a final
call was to be taken by Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh.
Ramesh is in Cancun in Mexico to attend the two-day
ministerial meet on climate change and will return on Monday.
Probably, the Maharashtra government wanted to submit the
report when he returns, they said.
Ramesh had recently said that the interim report had
showed that the Society violated green norms by constructing
the 31-storeyed building in the high-profile Colaba region and
indicated that the demolishing the structure was one of the
options before the ministry.
"However, what final action will be taken will depend
on the final report to be submitted by the state government,"
he had said.
The interim report submitted by the state government
has stated that no clearance was received by the environment
ministry for the construction of the 100-meter tall building.
The environment ministry last month had said it did
not issue any Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) nod or
no-objection certificate (NOC) to the Society.
The apartment block has been hit by allegations of
corruption and irregularities, including charges that the
flats meant for Kargil heroes and war widows were given to
bureaucrats, relatives of politicians and former service
chiefs among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof