Withdraw Operation Green Hunt, demands Kishenji
Kolkata: A short while before Maoist guerrillas blew up a bus in Chattisgarh`s Dantewada district killing at least 35 people, their leader Koteshwar Rao alias Kishenji demanded the Central government stop the anti-rebel Operation Green Hunt and the "killing of oppressed people".
"I want to make one thing very clear to the central government. Stop Operation Green Hunt. Stop spreading wrong things. Stop killing oppressed people," Kishenji told the `Chobbis Ghanta` Bengali news channel.
Kishenji, politburo member of Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), said "if any party worked for the good of the common people" the Maoists are ready to talk to them.
Kishenji criticised Trinamool Congress chief and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee for not doing her bit to control the price rise.
"We have supported Mamata. I want to ask her what have you done with price rise?" he said.
At least 35 special police officers (SPOs) and civilians were killed when the left wing extremists triggered a landmine explosion in the Dantewada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!