Withdraw Operation Green Hunt, demands Kishenji
Kolkata: A short while before Maoist guerrillas blew up a bus in Chattisgarh`s Dantewada district killing at least 35 people, their leader Koteshwar Rao alias Kishenji demanded the Central government stop the anti-rebel Operation Green Hunt and the "killing of oppressed people".
"I want to make one thing very clear to the central government. Stop Operation Green Hunt. Stop spreading wrong things. Stop killing oppressed people," Kishenji told the `Chobbis Ghanta` Bengali news channel.
Kishenji, politburo member of Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), said "if any party worked for the good of the common people" the Maoists are ready to talk to them.
Kishenji criticised Trinamool Congress chief and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee for not doing her bit to control the price rise.
"We have supported Mamata. I want to ask her what have you done with price rise?" he said.
At least 35 special police officers (SPOs) and civilians were killed when the left wing extremists triggered a landmine explosion in the Dantewada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack