Withdraw support to prove you are pro-people: BJP
Rampur: Amid UPA`s ally Trinamool
Congress` veiled threat to pull out of the government over
recent petrol price hike, BJP on Sunday said if Manmohan Singh
rolls back the hike under pressure, the party`s assessment of
him being the weakest Prime Minister will become true.
"The BJP`s assessment of Manmohan Singh being the weakest
Prime Minister will come true if he rolls back the hike in
petrol prices," BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said since the UPA government appeared to be unfazed
to criticism by allies on the matter which would burn holes in
consumers` pockets, "it is high time they should withdraw
support (to the UPA) to prove they are pro-people".
On allegations levelled by an IPS officer about
corruption in the fire department in Uttar Pradesh, Naqvi said
"instead of looking into this, he has been sent to a trauma
Political pressure to roll back the latest fuel price
hike is mounting, including from within the ruling UPA
coalition, with the Trinamool Congress holding out a veiled
threat to pull out of the coalition if the measure was not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy