Witness turns hostile in Nithari serial killings case
Ghaziabad (UP): A prosecution witness
appearing in a case related to the Nithari killings turned
hostile on Saturday during cross examination.
Neelam, a witness in Badi Payal 21 related to the
serial killings, recanted on her previous statement and
refused to identify Sub-Inspector Simran Kaur, an accused in
the case in along with Moninder Singh Pandher and Surender
Kohli, CBI counsel JP Sharma said on Saturday.
Sharma said special judge AK Singh asked the witness
if she would want to record her statement in person but she
still went back on her previous version.
Kaur was Nithari chowki in-charge during the time the
killings are alleged to have taken place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre