Woman arrested for extorting money from businessman
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman was arrested by Delhi Police from Jaipur along with an associate for allegedly extorting money from a Delhi businessman after threatening to trap him in a rape case, police said today.
The accused identified as Meenakshi, a resident of Bharatpur in Rajasthan, was arrested yesterday from Jaipur after police laid a trap.
The woman had already taken Rs 5 lakh from the businessman as she had a video purportedly featuring him in a compromising position with her.
But when she demanded Rs 2 crore, the victim decided to approach the police.
"She was called there by the victim on the pretext of giving Rs 40 lakh, as extortion money. A jeweller Arun Kothari was also arrested for helping her.
Meenakshi`s husband Sandeep managed to flee," a police official said.
The 45-year-old businessman approached police in January and filed a case against the woman in Prashant Vihar police station in west Delhi.
"Singh told us that he had established a physical relationship with the woman after they came in contact, but she had allegedly recorded a video of the act with the help of her husband and Manjeet.
"She then threatened to trap him in a rape case and demanded money," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?