Woman arrested for extorting money from businessman
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman was arrested by Delhi Police from Jaipur along with an associate for allegedly extorting money from a Delhi businessman after threatening to trap him in a rape case, police said today.
The accused identified as Meenakshi, a resident of Bharatpur in Rajasthan, was arrested yesterday from Jaipur after police laid a trap.
The woman had already taken Rs 5 lakh from the businessman as she had a video purportedly featuring him in a compromising position with her.
But when she demanded Rs 2 crore, the victim decided to approach the police.
"She was called there by the victim on the pretext of giving Rs 40 lakh, as extortion money. A jeweller Arun Kothari was also arrested for helping her.
Meenakshi`s husband Sandeep managed to flee," a police official said.
The 45-year-old businessman approached police in January and filed a case against the woman in Prashant Vihar police station in west Delhi.
"Singh told us that he had established a physical relationship with the woman after they came in contact, but she had allegedly recorded a video of the act with the help of her husband and Manjeet.
"She then threatened to trap him in a rape case and demanded money," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31