Woman cop shifted from Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: Peeved at her being transferred from Rashtrapati Bhavan security, a woman inspector on Wednesday protested here and threatened to commit suicide.
The incident took place near Boat Club near India Gate at around 9:30 am when the 40-year-old inspector, posted in the security in Rastrapati Bhawan for the past two years, reached near the Boat Club and allegedly started shouting at the police.
She allegedly threatened to commit suicide but police officers at the spot pacified her.
She was apparently depressed over her transfer to Old Police Lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus