Woman cop shifted from Rashtrapati Bhavan
New Delhi: Peeved at her being transferred from Rashtrapati Bhavan security, a woman inspector on Wednesday protested here and threatened to commit suicide.
The incident took place near Boat Club near India Gate at around 9:30 am when the 40-year-old inspector, posted in the security in Rastrapati Bhawan for the past two years, reached near the Boat Club and allegedly started shouting at the police.
She allegedly threatened to commit suicide but police officers at the spot pacified her.
She was apparently depressed over her transfer to Old Police Lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Grenade attacks on police party in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama; 18 cops injured
- Sensex manages to end above 28K-level; investors cautious ahead of Yellen speech
- BJP workers stall Uttar Pradesh Assembly proceedings, bring city to halt
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags spotted as massive protests continue in Balochistan
- Fitch reaffirms Bharat Petroleum's ratings with stable outlook