Woman delivers baby on Air India flight
New Delhi: A woman delivered a baby girl
onboard a Toronto-bound Air India plane when it was flying
34,000 feet over Kazakhstan on Saturday without causing any
disruption to the flight.
Eight-month-old pregnant Kuljeet Kaur from Amritsar
boarded Air India`s Delhi-Toronto flight along with her
husband from IGI airport at midnight.
The flight took off at around 1.45 am. When the plane was
flying over Kazakhstan at around 3.30 am, Kaur experienced
labour pain, a senior Air India official said.
The cabin crew was immediately informed, who alerted the
Captain about the situation.
A lady doctor travelling on the plane assisted the woman
in the delivery.
Though the pilot announced that if needed, he can land
the aircraft at the nearest airport, a normal delivery took
place, the official said.
"A normal delivery took place and the health parameters
of both the mother and the baby girl were normal. So, the
pilot decided to continue the flight which will land at
Toronto later in the day," the official said, adding the Air
India staff provided all necessary support and facilities to
the doctor, mother and baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state