Woman delivers baby on Air India flight
New Delhi: A woman delivered a baby girl
onboard a Toronto-bound Air India plane when it was flying
34,000 feet over Kazakhstan on Saturday without causing any
disruption to the flight.
Eight-month-old pregnant Kuljeet Kaur from Amritsar
boarded Air India`s Delhi-Toronto flight along with her
husband from IGI airport at midnight.
The flight took off at around 1.45 am. When the plane was
flying over Kazakhstan at around 3.30 am, Kaur experienced
labour pain, a senior Air India official said.
The cabin crew was immediately informed, who alerted the
Captain about the situation.
A lady doctor travelling on the plane assisted the woman
in the delivery.
Though the pilot announced that if needed, he can land
the aircraft at the nearest airport, a normal delivery took
place, the official said.
"A normal delivery took place and the health parameters
of both the mother and the baby girl were normal. So, the
pilot decided to continue the flight which will land at
Toronto later in the day," the official said, adding the Air
India staff provided all necessary support and facilities to
the doctor, mother and baby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'