Woman injured at Ramlila Ground still critical
New Delhi: A 51-year-old woman, who suffered spinal injuries in the June 4 crackdown on the supporters of yoga guru Baba Ramdev at the Ramlila Ground here, continues to be in a very critical condition, doctors said on Thursday.
It has been over 10 days since Raj Bala, a resident of Gurgaon, has been in the intensive care unit of the GB Pant Hospital.
On Thursday, her status report released by the medical superintendent stated: "Her own respiration continues to be inadequate. Hence she continues to be on ventilator support and her condition is very critical".
"The patient`s condition remains the same as before. She is conscious, quadriplegic and obeying verbal commands. There is no major fluctuation in heart rate and blood pressure," said the report.
Raj Bala underwent surgery June 5 for cervical spinal injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister