Woman moves SC for tracing her son who went missing in Pakistan
New Delhi: A woman on Friday approached the Supreme Court seeking a direction to the Centre to find out the whereabouts of her son who had allegedly crossed over to Pakistan to meet his girlfriend there but went missing.
Agreeing to hear her plea, a bench of justices CK Prasad and Kurian Joseph asked the Centre to look into the issue and brief it on the next date of hearing.
Advocate Arvind Sharma, appearing for the woman Fauzia Nehal Ansari who is from Mumbai, submitted that her son`s whereabouts are not known ever since he had gone to Pakistan by crossing the international border from Afghanistan where he had gone in search of job.
"The petitioner has approached various offices including the Ministry of External Affairs, the National Human Rights Commission etc., for tracing her son who is missing since November 15, 2012. But nothing has been done by them," he said.
The petition said that she got information on the computer through his account on social networking site Facebook that her son Hamid Nehal Ansari was in contact through Internet with few Pakistani friends and had come close to a Pakistani girl called Nadia Khan.
She submitted that the Facebook account revealed that Nadia was facing some family pressure as her parents wanted to get her married to another person after which Hamid crossed the boarder to enter Pakistan.
The bench, after briefly hearing the case, asked the Centre to look into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video