Woman seeks maintenance from son under Domestic Violence Act
New Delhi: A 65-year-old woman today moved a
Delhi court seeking a direction to her son under the Domestic
Violence Act to pay her maintenance as her husband was ailing
and she did not have any financial resource to maintain
In a complaint filed before Metropolitan Magistrate Suchi
Laler, Kamlawati accused her son, daughter-in-law and others
of harassing her and her husband.
She alleged her son`s family was residing on the ground
floor and does not allow her and her husband to use toilets
despite the fact that they were unable to go upstairs for the
purpose due to old-age related problems.
The woman in the complaint filed through her counsel N K
S Bhadoria and Manish Bhadoria charged her son Ashok Kumar,
daughter-in-law Savita and others with pressurizing the couple
to transfer their house measuring 200 square yards in their
Taking the complaint of the woman into consideration,
the court issued a notice to Kumar, employed as computer
teacher in a government school, his wife, working in
Anganwadi, and others directing them to file their responses
to the complaint by May 22.
The complainant also sought a direction to her son
restraining him from committing any domestic violence and
evicting her from the shared household.
Besides seeking Rs 15,000 per month as maintenance, the
woman also sought a direction to her son and others to pay her
a compensation of Rs two lakh for mental torture and emotional
distress allegedly caused by them.
She alleged her life has become difficult after the
marriage of her son on March seven, 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC