Woman`s decomposed body found in Gurgaon school bus
Gurgaon: The decomposed body of an unidentified woman was found in the spare tyre compartment of a private school`s bus on wednesday , police said.
The victim appeared to be in her early 30s and may have been killed two-three days ago, police said.
"For the last three days, the school bus was parked at a deserted spot near Gurgaon village in sector 5," said Kuldeep Kumar, chief of sector 5 police station.
Rajan Singh, the driver of the bus, lived in Gurgaon village and after school hours parked the vehicle there as a routine, he said.
The bus was parked at the spot, barely 200 metres from the police station, for three days at a stretch due to a string of holidays in the school, police said.
On Wednesday, the driver was taking the bus to school but it broke down on the way in sector 29. The driver while trying to locate the snag stumbled upon the body in the box.
"Only the post-mortem report will reveal how she was killed and whether she was sexually assaulted before her murder," Surender Pal Singh, deputy commissioner of police (west).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue