Women being trained in Pak and PoK as terrorists: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said women are being trained in Pakistan and PoK for carrying out militant activities and there are inputs indicating link "between terrorist elements and individuals from Bihar".
"There are reports to indicate that women are being
trained in Pakistan and PoK for terrorist activities,"
Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Maken said in a
written reply in Lok Sabha.
He added that Pakistan and PoK based terrorist groups
including the Laskar-e-Taiba are reported to be active in
organising acts of terror.
"Available inputs indicate link between terorrist
elements and individuals from Bihar," the Minister said.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Home Mullappally
Ramachandran in a written reply in the Lower House said "there
is no confirmation about infiltration of Taliban militants."
As per the information furnished to the House, a total
of 348 civilians were killed this year upto May in terror
153 civilians were killed in insurgency hit Northeast
during the same period whereas 49 were killed in Jammu and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief