Women being trained in Pak and PoK as terrorists: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said women are being trained in Pakistan and PoK for carrying out militant activities and there are inputs indicating link "between terrorist elements and individuals from Bihar".
"There are reports to indicate that women are being
trained in Pakistan and PoK for terrorist activities,"
Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Maken said in a
written reply in Lok Sabha.
He added that Pakistan and PoK based terrorist groups
including the Laskar-e-Taiba are reported to be active in
organising acts of terror.
"Available inputs indicate link between terorrist
elements and individuals from Bihar," the Minister said.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Home Mullappally
Ramachandran in a written reply in the Lower House said "there
is no confirmation about infiltration of Taliban militants."
As per the information furnished to the House, a total
of 348 civilians were killed this year upto May in terror
153 civilians were killed in insurgency hit Northeast
during the same period whereas 49 were killed in Jammu and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister